Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can I access my online calender from my Blackberry 8100 Pearl?

I live in the UK and have a Blackberry 8100 Pearl. I currently use the online calender at



www.myoffice.net (please check it out)



but I have not been able to access it from my phone. Orange (my service provider) are a bit unhelpful on the subject, sometimes saying that it%26#39;s not the right phone for that sort of thing, sometimes saying that it should be quite possible. I also see from it%26#39;s specification that this phone is apparently the only Blackberry that%26#39;s windows compatible?



Anyway, does anyone know if and how it can be done? If not, is there a decent online calender that will work well with my specific phone?



Answer:

Blackberries aren%26#39;t based on Windows, sorry.



The most common way people keep their calendars is to do something called "enterprise activation". This synchronizes with a Microsoft Exchange server, which will hold your calendar, contacts, emails, etc.



Other than using a webpage version of www.myoffice.net - I took a quick look at their service - you%26#39;re probably best served by going to a company that provides a hosted BES solution (Blackberry Enterprise Server)



I%26#39;d bug myoffice.net and get them to provide that kind of service - seems perfect for what they%26#39;re offering.



Cheers



The answers post by the user, for information only, CeQnA.com does not guarantee the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment