Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a PDA and a Smartphone? Im trying to choose the ri

I already have a cell phone but would like the capabilities of checking and editing documents, texting, im%26#39;ing, etc.. I%26#39;m pretty confused when it comes to blackberry%26#39;s, pda%26#39;s or smartphones. Any recommendations, suggestions would be appreciated. Money is not an issue.



Answer:

PDA-fully functional, wide variety of software avalible



smartphone- a more slimmed down, less fully featured version of a PDA, very difficult to find compatible software with the same functions as the PDA version, not as functional.



Blackberry- this is a very different device, its big catch is being able to have push email...but this is only really useful within a buisness context, unless you%26#39;re willing to pay someone who can manage a blackberry exchange server. Otherwise its you%26#39;re basic PIM. I know theres software avalible, but I%26#39;ve never used one, so I can%26#39;t say how useful it might be,



Some PDA phones include all the Treo models(CDMA and GSM), the XV6700(CDMA), 8125(GSM), i730(CDMA, another model has a GSM radio attached). Some smartphones include the Dash(GSM),blackjack(GSM),Q(CDM...



I would just try a few out and see which one you like best, though given what you specified you would be doing, I would recommend a smartphone, despite that you can%26#39;t really edit any documents. I say this because you didn%26#39;t mention what kinda files you would be editing.



The answers post by the user, for information only, CeQnA.com does not guarantee the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment