Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blackberry Desktop Manager?

I have Blackberry Pearl, and I downloaded the Desktop Manager (most current version) and I went to run it and it didn%26#39;t work. A window pulls up, but then immediately closes. Whats the problem? I have windows vista, and supposedly compatible, any other ideas to fix?



Answers:

One thing I might suggest is making sure you have the correct drivers for the pearl. If you don%26#39;t, it might cause the problem you were describing.



What I would do is uninstall the BB DTM first (DTM is short for desktop manager in BB speak). Then make sure the device is disconnected from the PC. Install the DTM then install the driver. Then plug in the device, then run the DTM.



I included a link to the BB page where all the service providers are. You%26#39;ll want to click on your provider%26#39;s link first, then download the newest version of the DTM and the device software.



I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else You may need to uninstall %26 re-install the download. You should also make sure the OS in the Pearl is compatible with the version of DM you are trying to run. I have Vista too %26 I have no problem with the version I am running. I have had to use the uninstall %26 re-install though. Also, make sure your virus or firewall isn%26#39;t seeing it as a threat. Vista will shut down anything it doesn%26#39;t recognize or it thinks is a threat, but normally you%26#39;ll see a window pop up telling you it was closed.



The answers post by the user, for information only, CeQnA.com does not guarantee the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment