Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blackberry address book?

I just bought this Blackberry 8700c refurbished and i transfered my contacts over from my old pin into my new address book but i cant see them when i open my address book. I still have to access the sim card phonebook. I%26#39;ve tried a few different ways and the manual is unhelpful. Does anyone know how to fix it? Also i have this weird "data connection refused" on my main screen. Any fixes?



Answers:

data connection refused means a few possible things.



1 - you might just need to reset the device. In this case, pull the battery out and the SIM, count to 10 and put them back. That fixes it in about 70% of the cases



2- ATT (the 8700c is from ATT/Cingular) is notorious for screwing up accounts on "accident" and sometimes when step 1 doesn%26#39;t work, you have to call them and make sure the data provisioning is turned on.



You will also need to copy all your addresses from your SIM to your device. It should be in the address book options. Short of that, ATT can do it for you - call *611 (or talk to them if the data connection refused thing doesn%26#39;t go away and ask them how to do this).



The answers post by the user, for information only, CeQnA.com does not guarantee the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment