Sunday, June 20, 2010

Where can I buy a replacement screen for a Magellan Maestro 3100?

I bought this unit a few weeks ago, and it is still under manufacturers warranty, however the screen is obviously not covered. The unit fell from a significant distance and broke the LCD and the glass in front of the display and behind the digitizer. I took the unit apart and found that the display is an all in one piece, and has several numbers printed on the back. I called Magellan but they told me that sending the entire unit in for repairs is my only option. I refuse to believe this, I feel like there is a surplus or as-is store out there that I don%26#39;t know about that has a shelf full of these 3.5" LCD screens. Any input would be greatly appreciated - I would love to get this thing working again without paying inflated %26#39;repair%26#39; costs on a device that was so easy to disassemble a 5 year old could do it. - Please Note - If your answer will say - send it in or call Magellan, please don%26#39;t bother. Thank you to everyone for reading this and giving me valuable advice!



Answers:

You may want to try looking at eBay, to see if anyone has a 3100 with an intact screen, but some other type of problem. I%26#39;ve seen damaged GPS receivers there put up for sale to be used for spare parts and repairs.



The answers post by the user, for information only, CeQnA.com does not guarantee the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment