Friday, June 18, 2010

Which PDA should I buy - I have a budget of £150?

Hi, I%26#39;m looking to buy my first PDA and don%26#39;t have a clue about them spec-wise, so I need someone to give me some laymans terms (if that%26#39;s how you spell it) to what they do and what are good specifications and brands and what I should stay away from. Any help would be appreciated.



Many thanks



Answers:

I bought a PDA and quite honestly it is up there as one of the most useless things I have ever bought.



My advice would be to give very serious consideration to the alternatives to Microsoft Pocket PC operating system driven PDA%26#39;s. I blame Microsoft Pocket PC for my extreme disappointment with my (Acer) PDA, it over complicates everything while offering little flexibility in configuration and operation. It%26#39;s their way or no way.



The touch screen stylus operation of Pocket PC driven PDA%26#39;s is a pain. It is frustratingly slow and fiddly.



Take a good look at Blackberry%26#39;s and any other device with a physical keyboard, however small, even one of the more competent smartphones from the likes of Nokia. Get onto vodaphone



i got a V1605 smartphone wm5 for £100 plus a contract.



got rid of my phone and old pda into one. Dell, HP and Axim are all good names to go for in the PDA market. Axim are the budget end, but they product good quality despite the lower price tag. Dell are the power option, and HP make the always excellent iPaq range.



For that money you should be able to get a good mid-range PDA new, or a very good top-range second hand. It is worth your while checking out eBay for second hand PDAs, as my husband got a Dell Axim 51v for under £150, and that%26#39;s the most powerful PDA on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment